Monday, March 24, 2008

My first post!

Welcome! I am new to blogging but have seen so many awesome sites I wanted to give it a try. It's also a good way to vent or just to talk about our everyday lives. I guess I should tell you about my family and I. I am the baby of 6 children with the next youngest being 9 years older than me and the oldest being about 25 years older. I was born and raised in Charlotte, NC and lived there until I got married to James (probably will be referred to as Big Jamey or other words if I am angry). LOL We have been married for 12 years and have 2 children, moved to Thomasville, NC in 1997 when I was 7 months pregnant. Jamey Jr. was born October 1997 and Conor was born September 2003. We also have 2 dogs, Mesha is a yorkshire terrier and Dottie is a miniature dachshund.

We started homeschooling a few years ago and besides having doubts like most homeschoolers, it has been pretty great. I started a group in our area for field trips, parties and activities, which we love. We just started back on Calvert curriculum again and it really seems to suit us well. Jamey enjoys most of it other than when he has a lot of writing to do. Conor is going to be getting Calvert Kindergarten curriculum soon and is excited about it already. There are so many ways to homeschool and I love hearing about how each family does it.

One of the moms in my homeschool group (she has since moved to Nevada) got me into scrapbooking. Wow, I never knew it was like this or I would have been doing it for a long time! She and two other moms in our group were getting together sometimes to scrapbook and they invited me to come check it out. When we started I had no clue what anything was or even how to cut the paper or stick it to the pages! I am so thankful to her for introducing me to this. I will have to post some pages I have done.

Something else I love to do is cook and bake. I am always looking for new recipes to try out. We did a cherry cobbler for Easter Sunday and it was pretty good. I'm always open for new recipes or recipes pages. I'll post some of our favorites here and will have to think about taking pictures as we make food.

Thank you for coming to my page and hope to see you often!



0 comments: